What is CRP?
Campus Renewal Partnership (CRP) is an energy reduction and
facility renewal plan co-developed by McMaster University
and Ameresco Canada. Its goal is to improve McMaster's aging
physical assets, such as buildings, heating and cooling systems,
lighting fixtures, etc.
uncovering then redirecting scarce financial resources towards
areas in need of updating and modernizing, CRP is able to
create better learning and working environments for students,
staff, and faculty.
Students, Staff and Faculty Benefit from Campus Improvements:
- A safer, more comfortable campus for staff, faculty and students
- Improved building systems reliability
- Improved building air quality
- Reduction in energy costs (23% or $1.5 million savings per year
- Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions (20 – 30%)
Launched officially by McMaster and Ameresco Canada Inc. in fall 2003, Campus Renewal Partnership is expected to lower energy costs and consumption
by 23% over the next three and a half years and generate $28 million in facility renewal improvements over 20 years.
the news release.